Anyway back to the 4th. Since we weren't going to the cabin I decided I wanted to take the camper and go camping with Sadie and Roy. We ended up going to Basset Springs. It was so much fun. This was our 2nd time camping with them this year. We had to try it again since we got rained on the whole time over Memorial day weekend. Tessa says to me "I know why we are going again with Sadie and Roy. Me: why, Tess: 'cuz last time no one had fun 'cuz of the rain." lol what a kid. The last time we had been camping in the camper Tessa was just 6 months old. So 7 years ago. Caleb didn't come then. He was working.
We went up friday evening and roasted a hot dog for dinner and sat around the fire (one of my favorite things to do. I love to set there all evening.) Saturday morning Caleb got up early and went down to change his water. When he got there he had problems with the water flooding his field so he stayed in town all day to fix it. We wanted to go for a 4-wheeler ride so we rode up to the Yurt and back to camp. Stetson has his own little 4-wheeler. Him and Tessa took turns driving. It was about a 3 hour ride.
Tessa and Stetson
Megan and Tessa drove it back down
When we got back to camp we had lunch and Sadie's friend Julie and her husband Brandon came up. They wanted to go for a ride so Brandon took us over to brush creek. We....kids and all climbed down the rocks and slid down the muddy hill. It had rained a bit that afternoon so it was slick. We played in the little cave and the kids threw rocks in the water. While we were down by the cave it down poured. So when it was time to climb back out everything was even muddier. Roy and Brandon had to help all of us out. Roy said it was just like climbing the hills in Alaska. I now know why I stayed on the boat and didn't go hunting with them then. I would have never made it. The kids were muddy, we were muddy, my butt was muddy. We finally made it out. It was so much fun. That is something I wouldn't normally let my kids do, but it looked like fun and boy it was. When we finally got to the top Meg says to me "mom I'm surprised you let us do that". I wish Caleb would have been there.
I didn't take pictures because I didn't want to pack my camera down and back up, and I'm so glad I didn't. I barely made it out with out it.
Scott and Rayma came up for dinner. Scott played his guitar while who ever wanted to sing sang along. I tried to get Megan to sing but she wasn't going for that. To many people. I could sit and listen to Scott play all night.
My batteries died in my camera and I forgot to pack extra ones. Which isn't like me but, I'm thinking my batteries die more than I remember. So this is that last picture I took :( No pictures of Scott playing.
Carter loved setting by the fire...just like his mama.
Sunday morning Caleb stayed with us. We had a yummy breakfast. He cooks the best pancakes and my homemade peach syrup is to die for. We went and got a load of poles, tried to catch a few fish in the stream and then went on another ride up to the yurt and to the top of grizzle ridge. I rode with Meg. She drove up and I drove down. I think the ride up was better than the ride down lol. We then went across the highway, all over and then back to camp. Guy, Melanie and Taryn came up for dinner. We went home that evening because I had so much to do to get ready for the BBQ.
Sounds like you all had fun! Lucky duckies!!
ReplyDelete